Blankie re-worked

It’s been quite a while since I posted. I thought I had to move home at the start of spring, so I’d packed all my yarn and associated stuff away, as lots of dust was flying about in the packing process. And I thought that knitting was a distraction I didn’t need!

Anyway, the move got postponed a year, and it took a long time before I delved into my woolly pursuits again. I took the time to catch up with some reading because I don’t read much when I knit, and I was feeling deprived. Around May, I decided to grit my teeth and re-do blankie which really was too narrow, as I’d skimped on the full amount of motifs. It did just about keep me warm during the chilly weather resulting from a visit by the Beast from the East, but I had to be careful not to be too vigorous when I turned over in bed and get a draft! So I undid the edging (which I wasn’t particularly happy with) and added a longitudinal row of motifs.  I knew I would run out of the tattoo blue yarn, so I decided to try and use up some contrasting purple yarn, which also worked nicely in the edging. (The picture makes the main colour seem a brighter blue than it actually is.)

IMG_3516

I am much more satisfied with the result. And it’s coming in handy already as September is feeling a lot like October.

 

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Makes, Stash-busting

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s