At last! I have completed my final practical project for Part 1 of the International Diploma in Crochet.
Having fulfilled all other criteria, I still needed to produce a garment with fastenings. I tried a couple of cardigans for me but got totally stuck: one pattern was badly written, and the other involved veeery tall stitches – I wanted to challenge myself and show off to the teacher that I could do tall stitches but alas, every single one of them turned out saggy, at which point I decided it was more trouble than it was worth. For the sake of speed, I opted for a child’s jacket which would work up quickly. The pattern was http://www.mooglyblog.com/eloise-baby-sweater/ Hers was multi-coloured, but I decided on just two contrasting colours. When I was halfway through the item, I realised the colours were like my old school uniform! I’m planning to give it to a friend for her bub, so I hope she doesn’t mind that!
I must say, it feels like a long time getting here – I thought I’d be done with Part 1 in a couple of years absolute maximum, but it’s been three years. It’s a good thing there are no deadlines for the course. I’ve now only got a bit of paperwork to hand in and I’m on to Part 2. Yippee! I can’t wait!